Saturday, August 7, 2010

Spinning Wheels, Spinning Round

I was listing out the courses that I've purchased and mostly completed over the past 5 years.  I had an acquaintance ask me to teach him how to invest in short sales and to do short sales negotiating over a Facebook chat message.  And it made me think of all the time and money I've spent educating myself in these fields of real estate investing and marketing.  And it made me wonder why I haven't organized my business better.  I have more training under my belt than most other people I know.  45 courses and mentorships over the course of 5 years is 9 a year.  Plus I paid for access to Dwan and Bill Twyford as coaches and am currently in the MMM Challenge.

For a long while, I didn't have to do anything with this knowledge.  I was learning in order to keep my mind alive -- just following things that I was interested in.  I was going to start a business when my son went to preschool.  That 2.5 hours 3 times a week was going to be my time to start a business.  Then my father-in-law got very sick and eventually died.   Then I got pregnant with my daughter.  I had a lot of excuses, I mean reasons, for not starting a business. 

And I was always afraid that I didn't know enough (which you'll laugh at, after you read the list below).  That's a fear that I think a lot of people have -- and one that is preyed upon by many gurus.  I didn't actually call a seller until after my husband lost his job and got a new job that paid less than half as much.  That's when I started making money instead of just talking about it.
  1. Michael Masterson's Accelerated Program For Six Figure Copywriting
  2. Michael Masterson's The Masters Program For Six Figure Copywriting (haven't completed this)
  3. The Quick and Easy Microbusiness System (haven't completed this)
  4. Direct Marketing University (haven't completed this)
  5. Direct Marketing University, The Master's Edition (haven't completed this)
  6. Jeffrey Taylor's Landlording systems
  7. ETR Bootcamp in a Box
  8. Ultimate Buying and Selling Machine (Larry Goins)
  9. Apartment House Riches (Dave Lindahl)
  10. The Ultimate Travel Writer's Program
  11. Make a Flippin' Fortune (Ron Mead)
  12. 31 Days to Profits in Probate Real Estate (Ron Mead)
  13. Improve Your Credit Now (Ron Mead)
  14. Wholesaling Houses for a Living
  15. Corey Rudl's Accelerated Internet Wealth
  16. The Billionaire Way
  17. 6 Steps to Mastering Foreclosures (Alexis McGee)
  18. The Sedona Method
  19. Wholesaling for Quick Cash (Steve Cook)
  20. The Instant Entrepreneur 
  21. Advanced Short Sales (Dwan Bent-Twyford)
  22. Foreclosure Fortunes (Dwan Bent-Twyford)
  23. How to Turn $10 into $10,000 in 30 Days or Less (Dwan Bent-Twyford)
  24. Short Sales Secrets (Dwan Bent-Twyford)
  25. Shut up and Stick to the Script (Bill Twyford)
  26. Secrets of Closing the Deal (Bill Twyford)
  27. Foreclosure Investing Strategies 
  28. Real Estate Success Library (Bill Bronchick)
  29. Power Real Estate Negotiating (Bill Bronchick)
  30. Rehabbing for Fun and Profit (
  31. How to Sell a House Quick in a Down Market (Ray Cooper)
  32. Jim Banks Probate Profits Made Easy
  33. Larry Goins Mortgage Broker Training
  34. Vena Jones-Cox Advanced Marketing
  35. The Agent Magnet (Bob Massey)
  36. The Short Sale Success Blueprint (Josh Cantwell)
  37. Virtual Wholesaling (Cris Chico)
  38. Real Estate Voodoo (Cris Chico)
  39. Short Sales Riches (Nathan Jurewicz and Chris McLaughlin)
  40. Michael Jake's Platinum Mentoring Program
  41. Hedge Fund Lending (Richard Geller)
  42. Credit Repair system (Richard Geller)
  43. Shortcut to Money Secrets (Thomas Kish)
  44. Bulk REO Secrets (Susan Lassiter Lyons)
  45. Inspired Action Weekly (Matthew Ferry)
Right now, my business is mostly just me, though I have a couple of emerging partnerships for apartment investing and bulk REO deals.  I am also working with a fabulous local Realtor and a short sale negotiator.  I am also fortunate enough to know lots of excellent people.  Maybe I am just feeling stretched a little too much right now...  

I have a few steps I need to take in order to take my business from just me to a viable business that allows me to not just stay home with my children, but to spend time with them too.  This summer, they've spent largely in front of televisions and video games because I've spent so much time working.... and it's a summer that I can't get back with them.  Being a mommy with a business has been a challenging balancing act for me.

The first action I need to take is to write descriptions of the systems that a virtual assistant can take over for me.  Then I need to hire a virtual assistant so that I can simply manage the systems & so they get done without my constant involvement.

So, I'm off to do that now.

Have a wonderful day!

Christy
Millionaire In Training, MMMChallenge.com
www.christinamellott.com
www.housingheadaches.com

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for mentioning my Ultimate Buying and Selling Machine course. I'd love to sign you up as an affiliate and let you promote all my courses to your readers. Please contact my affiliate manager, Shannan Hearne, at shannan@larrygoins.com

    Best to you and your investing,

    Larry Goins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Permit me to introduce you to LE-MERIDIAN FUNDING SERVICES. We are directly into pure loan and project(s) financing in terms of investment. We provide financing solutions to private/companies seeking access to funds in the capital markets i.e. oil and gas, real estate, renewable energy, Pharmaceuticals, Health Care, transportation, construction, hotels and etc. We can finance up to the amount of $900,000,000.000 (Nine Hundred Million Dollars) in any region of the world as long as our 1.9% ROI can be guaranteed on the projects.
    Le-Meridian Funding Service.
    (60 Piccadilly, Mayfair, London W1J 0BH, UK) Email Contact Info...lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com

    ReplyDelete